This profile is the public face, or voice, of programmes broadcast on television, radio and the internet. Work platforms including: national, regional, satellite and cable television;
• local and national radio;
Their role is to entertain and inform the audiences by presenting information or entertainment in an accessible and attractive way.
• researching topics and background information for items to be featured on the programme;
• planning and rehearsing shows;
• writing, and sometimes memorising, scripts;
• liaising with other members of the production and technical teams.
During the broadcast, presenters may be involved in:
• introducing and hosting programmes;
• interviewing guests in the studio, by telephone or on location;
• playing music;
• reading short news, traffic, sport or weather reports;
• providing links between programmes;
• reading from a script or autocue, or improvising;
• keeping the programme running to schedule, responding positively and quickly to problems or changes and improvising where necessary;
• within television, keeping in contact with the director and production team in the studio gallery, via ear-piece link.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENT:
• excellent communication and presentation skills;
• performance skills and a clear voice;
• ability to generate original ideas;
• personable and confident manner;
• a broad range of interests, including current affairs;
• good research and interviewing skills;
• confidence and the ability to sell yourself;
• awareness of media law;
• the ability to take the initiative and make quick decisions under pressure;
• team-working skills;
• creativity and problem-solving skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• Minimum of OND qualification.
• Minimum of 3 years’ Experience.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION:
Qualified Applicants should apply using any of the following procedures.
1. Comment your CV or Resume to the comment box.
2. Send your CV and Cover Letter
3. Send your name, contact number, qualifications and post applying for to the message box or the ADMIN’S Phone number displayed in this advert (07*********).
4. Upload your CV directly and click apply.
You are allowed to call the Admin Officer at the number given 9AM - 6PM MON – SAT ONLY.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted